Friday, May 11, 2012

Love Her Mother

How can a father raise a happy, well-adjusted daughter in today's increasingly toxic world?



"The most important thing a father can do for his daughter is to love her mother,"
 Elaine S. Dalton

Not my parents, but same scene.  :)
I am grateful for a father that did this so well.  I remember him coming home from work and the first thing he did was walk over and give my mom a big kiss. He not only loved her, but he showed us that he loved her.  There were times that my friends would be at our home and ask me "Do they always act like this?" and I would reply, "Don't yours?"  I thought everyones' parents held hands and kissed in front of their kids.   He passed away 17 years ago, but I know that my father truly loves my mother.









I'm blessed to have a husband and father to my own daughters that is following this counsel.  If we do anything right in raising our family, this we can say we have succeeded in.  They know that their father loves their mother. 


 

  Never stop holding hands.   Each summer I attended Young Women's Girls' Camp with our church and one year we had an elderly gentleman asked to come up and be our priesthood leader. He and his wife stayed in their own camper and every morning and we would see them walking to breakfast holding hands and many times throughout the day; if they were together, they were holding hands.  She even sat next to him in the pickup  seat.  This was such an example of how this man loved his wife and I have never forgotten that.


Be sure you continue to date, even if it's only a trip to the store or walk around the block to be alone together.  Talk and laugh, alot!
Wishing you all a wonderful Mother's Day and every other day, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment